Accepted Solution

Cannot receive emails on my blackberry

Hi I have a blackberry pearl 8820 on a vodafone contract. I set up my btconnect email on the blackberry and I started receiving emails for a day or so.  Now the emails are only being received by outlook on my pc and not on my blackberry.  Has anyone had a similar problem?  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am fairly certain the device is working correctly as I have also set up my yahoo email on the blackberry and that receives push emails without any problems.

Re: Cannot receive emails on my blackberry

I also have a blackberry 8820 but on an Orange contract.  This has been working fine for several months, but yesterday I noticed it was not getting updated with recent emails, although my outlook continues to receive emails.  I have resent the "service pack" to the blackberry but no change. 

Looking on the BT mail page, I note that even though emails are being received OK in Outlook, they are not there on the BT mail page, so my assumption is that this is a BT problem.

Any ideas?

Grand Guru

not sure bout this but maybe the outlook is taking the mail off the server before the blackberry can check for mail.

maybe its that maybe not.

try going (on outlook) to tools > accounts/email accounts > change existing account > go to properties of account > go to more settings. > go to advanced and tick the "leave copies of messages on the server and also the box for X days. replace X with 1 day.

this will give the blackberry time to retrieve the mail providing of course that was causing the issue i may be wrong though

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

Hi thank you for you postings.  I used the online chat via the BT support website and they advised to change the outlook settings to leave messages on the server which agrees with what you are saying.  It has been successful so far!

Hi, I have exactly the same thing and it is a pain ! BT blindly do these upgrades and the paying customer is left dangling with a problem....not happy and not seen a fix or, indeed, can see a BT Support number to call....help !

Hi again, as online chat doesn't seem available on a weekend, do you know where this area was to leave messages on the server ? I have Blackberry on an Orange contract....I also get the BBM message notofocation ni Outlook but this doesn't seem to change anything as far as BBM messages is concerned....lovely !

Power User

Hi. I think you need to set the POP3 server on your BB and BT can verify what the POP3 server is. 

Good luck.