cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an e-mail alias

sandpiperxx

I have been trying to remove an outdated alias from one of my e-mail accounts.  Your help topic for this says to select the e-mail address from which you want to remove the alias, then click on 'View/add/remove alias' from a list.

When I try to do this, this list does not appear, so I can proceed no further.  I addition, when I view the summary screen for my various e-mail addresses - all come up with the 'alias' item marked as 'not available'.   But despite all this if I send an e-mail from this particular address to another it appears in the inbox with the existing alias given as sender.

Any ideas about resolving this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sandpiperxx

Thanks, Burkem5,

I have done as you suggest and gone on Live Chat.  Problem now sorted - it seems it was a 'name' given on the POP3 mailbox properties page that was being repeated on outgoing mail, not an alias, as I had thought.   All a bit confusing but its now deleted and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks for your help,

Yours, sandpiperxx

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Sandpiper,

Can you tell me is this an @domain mailbox or an @btconnect.com mailbox?

Thanks

Michael

sandpiperxx

Hi Michael,

It's a Btconnect mailbox and the address in question is one of 5 currently in use.

Burkem5
Guru

Thanks for that

@btconnect.com mailboxes don't allow alias's (with the exception of migration IDs which are domains)

its possible that you have forwarding set up for the other mailbox to your current mailbox and it may be worth while for you to contact us in order to remove this forwarding.

Thanks

Burkem5

sandpiperxx

Hello Burkem5,

I think I had already got the message that btconnect.com mailboxes do not like aliases!   The problem is that somehow I still have one.   I am not aware of any forwarding arrangement but please feel free to have a look and to remove this facility, if this is within your remit.    Otherwise, who should I contact to have this looked at, without having to go back to square one with all my explanations?   Alternatively, if I were to delete the e-mail address which carries the alias, could I then re-instate the same address as a 'new' address and hope that the alias had been lost in the process? 

Thanks for your help so far,

sandpiperxx

Burkem5
Guru

I would suggest you contact us

For email issues the livechat would be the best option.

Thanks

Burkem5

sandpiperxx

Thanks, Burkem5,

I have done as you suggest and gone on Live Chat.  Problem now sorted - it seems it was a 'name' given on the POP3 mailbox properties page that was being repeated on outgoing mail, not an alias, as I had thought.   All a bit confusing but its now deleted and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks for your help,

Yours, sandpiperxx