cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing Off line

Donkey

I am accessing my BT email in the office approx 2 days a week using thunderbird this gives me few problems.  At home I use bt's Outlook web mail.

I keep getting a message saying my mailbox is full and I have to delete items.  I am already using BT's full individual storage allocation (a miserable 250Mb) and it is not permissable for some pedantic reason to utilise the 90% of overall allocation that will never be used because we have only 2 active email accounts.

I believe the "problem" is caused by the 23 pages of sent email that are on the Outlook web mail system.  I need to refer to these some regularly and some occasionally, is there an easy way to export these from the BT server on to my home computer so that I can still easily access them?  I can't find any useful help on this anywhere on BT's vast and largely unhelpful web site.

The other alternative which I have tried to explore is to purchase extra individual storage space (I think this option is akin to extortion on the part of BT in view of the overall space allocation which we pay for and don't use) but surprise surprise a glitch on their web site keeps telling me that "my session has timed out" when ever I try go to the relevant page.  I have restarted the browser several times re-booted twice and still the same result. 

This is driving me mad.  If anybody can help please do so quickly before I become completely irrational.

3 REPLIES 3

MHC
Guru

It may not solve your current problem but when using webmail you shoudl consider sending a blind copy (bcc) to one of your email accounts.  When it is received, the email client shoudl have a rule set up so that it immediately places the message in your sent mail folder.

peleus

Yah, that seems to be a good option. Or why not choose one client and select "download and delete from server". 

MHC
Guru

@peleus wrote:

Yah, that seems to be a good option. Or why not choose one client and select "download and delete from server". 

And how will that work for SENT mails?