cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up my email in smart phone

gasmotorcycles

Hi, Ive spoken to the guy who set up my web and email (daniel barter). I asked him if I could set up to reply to my incoming email address and still use the address... now i was given pop3 details ect.. but after setting up my message is "no connection as server not responding"  I dont have a fault as I have to 3 other email accounts the used regularly through AOL, and was easy to setup.. I have had this problem before with another email address, but this was down to lack of information given.  The phone is HTC desire (not S or HD).. if you need anymore info please let me know...

5 REPLIES 5

adrianc
Master User

Did you follow the steps in this article?

Adrian

gasmotorcycles

The thing is adrian I wasnt given outgoing information just pop info, everything seems to be sketchy.. so I will give up..as Im banging my head against a brick wall..... cheers.. The info you gave is correct in setting up as ive set up my aol email through outlook as well, so know how it works , its just the information given, its as helpful as herpes!!!!

adrianc
Master User

Is the email address that you're trying to set up provided by BT or another company?

Adrian

gasmotorcycles

by bt...

adrianc
Master User

For sending it depends on if the email address is on the BT platform or been migrated to the Microsoft platform.

On the BT platform you set it up like this:

Server: mail.btconnect.com

Port: 25

SSL/TLS: Off

Authentication: On for most clients, Off for a small minority.

Username: First part of the @btconnect.com email address.

Password: Password for the email address above.

On the MS platform it is:

Server: smtp.outlook.com

Port: 587

SSL/TLS: On (Or STARTTLS)

Authentication: Always on

Username: Full email address

Password: Password for the email address above.

Hope this helps.

Adrian