cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Networks & Router Access

pj_boxy

Hi

I've recently updated my phone (BB Z30 to BB Passport) and for some reason my new phone/sim won't allow me to connect to my business network or Private network. it would allow me to connect to the router wifi until recently! I've contacted BT and they told me that "The reason you are having the issue is that currently the EE network is not supporting private APN’s. There have been discussions around this subject but there has been little progress and it is unlikely to change in the near future."

Now I'm not sure about anyone else but I have always used wifi via private APN's to keep my usage within its monthly limit. what annoys me is that i've always done this and was encourage to do so too.

My work involves alot of emails and web usage. I understand that EE/BT are my provider but when it comes to using my own Wifi at home or work surely I should be able too? I pay for them to provide me a service when im travelling or outside of my areas. Not when I'm at my work place or home where i already pay for a wifi coverage?

has anyone else encountered this issue?

Paul

0 REPLIES 0