cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a HP u2400 Mobile Broadband adaptor with BT Access Manager

AStewart

Hi,

I have a HP laptop with an integrated 3g card, however I can't get BT Access Manager to recognise this as a mobile device. Is there any way to use the integrated 3g card with my mobile broadband?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alun
Master User

Hi AStewart,

I am sorry to have to inform but Access Manager has been designed to work with the BT provided dongles. It will not work with an embedded SIM card laptop.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Alun
Master User

Hi AStewart,

I am sorry to have to inform but Access Manager has been designed to work with the BT provided dongles. It will not work with an embedded SIM card laptop.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Humpy

Hi Alun you should find that although you BT sim will not work via the BT Access manager there will be a connection manager of some sort provided by HP the settings you require will be

APN = btmobile.bt.com

password= BT

User ID = BT

Number = *99# (May not be required)