cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing localhost website from mobile device

Demarcus

I have an ASP.Net website hosted on my Win8's localhost, the site seems to be running as expected on the desktop, but now i also want to test the site website on mobile device to check how it renders

Is there anyway i can access the website from my mobile device

My Mobile Device and Desktop Machine are connected to the same Network via Router.

Here are the details of my machine and router.

Machine has Win8 Pro Installed running IIS 8.0.9200.16384
Router is TP-Link Basic 150Mbps.
Device is Karbonn A15, Android - 4.0.4 (ICS)
Can anyone tell me how can i connect my mobile device to localhost website.

10 REPLIES 10

davidpay

To view a localhost website from a mobile device, you need to follow these steps:

1. Find your computer's local IP address: On Windows, open Command Prompt and type "ipconfig" in the command line. On macOS, open Terminal and type "ifconfig" in the command line. Look for the "IPv4 Address" or "inet" address.

2. Make sure your computer and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

3. Open a web browser on your mobile device and type in your computer's local IP address followed by the port number of your localhost website. For example, if your local IP address is 192.168.0.100 and your localhost website is running on port 8000, type "192.168.0.100:8000" in the address bar.

4. Press enter and your localhost website should load on your mobile device.

Note that some localhost websites may not be optimized for mobile devices and may not display properly. Additionally, some web applications may require additional configuration to work properly when accessed from a mobile device. PayByPlateMa