cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to pull my hair out.

redpr

Hi Guys,

Right, where to begin.

Firstly I placed an order on the 17th Jan to move office, I was given a provisional date of the 7th Feb, perfect. I rang back a week or so later to have the date confirmed to be told that someone in BT's back office had messed up the order and that they would have to cancel the order and start again. I have now been given a provisional date of the 28th Feb for the phone line and the broadband going in 5 days later. This in addition to my phone lines ceasing on the 11th Feb. Basically my company will be 3 weeks without phones or broadband. This potentially could sink us.

BT just wont own up to having made a mistake. I'm waiting for someone from VOIP sales to call me, someone from the movers team to call me and someone from broadband techincal support. I've probably spent now 5 hours on hold today alone trying to sort it out. I'm looking at 3 weeks of no phones or broadband. The best solution BT could come up with was to get dongles for everyone so we can use the internet. Doesnt help with phones tho.

No one calls you back, BT just dont want your business. All I've been told they can do is go ahead with the order as it is and then complain once its complete, but why not just solve the problem now!

Hopefully someone can help!

Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

redpr

Thanks Fiona,

We seem to have started to get there now, openreach installed the line on Monday 7th, however we are still waiting for the broadband to go live. Aparently the automated system is stuck just before our order has "commited".

I've also just found out that the Hosted VOIP system we ordered along with £430 worth of Falcon Phones wasnt ordered correctly and that I have been sent standard VOIP, which wont do what we want (we need the MADN and want to be able to transfer calls easily)

The problem seems to have stemmed from BT Local Business, who were fantastic at taking the order, but dreadful at following up orders as it was them that messed the order up in the first place. 

When speaking to departments in BT everyone gives us the answer that we should just wait for the orders to complete and for everything to be set up before lodging a complaint about the service and getting compensation, I dont want compensation, just a working phone and Broadband service.

I'm hoping that this should all be resolved by Monday so as a business I can continue trading instead of wasting my time with numerous calls to BT and having to wait over an hour to get through to departments.

Fiona, I would PM you my details but I cant actually work out how to do it! I have a feeling that this might get removed but the movers reference is B65478WM

Its a real shame that the staff in the movers department have to put up with the incompentance from other parts of BT, cause at the end of the day its them that get the flack from us customers.

I'd appreciate a call from someone on the hosted voip sales desk so we can sort out the issue with being sent the wrong phones and get the service set up how we wanted it (one MADN line in and 4 IP phones). I just hope that the broadband order commits on Monday so we dont have to have a huge cable drapped down the building from another company and use there internet. I can't even bring our servers online as it eats too much into there bandwidth (they're an IT company with servers of there own).

Lets hope this is the beginning of the end of this BT saga, I just dont understand the mentality behind waiting for the order to complete to complain for compensation, why not just solve the issue in the first place! Would also be great if openreach engineers weren't stuck down to only doing there assigned jobs instead of the old days when you could grab hold of one in the building and they could normally help you.

Lets hope this solves itself for Monday morning!

Carl

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rosewood

Hi Carl,

I've found my hair is all but gone now too! Our business is struggling by using mobiles and a dongle because we just can't justify the fees to have the phone line re-connected to the property. The trouble is that the dongle and phones don't work where the office is - they work out in the field but that's hardly practical! I've had my office here for six months now but being a small farm we can only make the funds stretch so far and when you've got farm buildings replacing (the snow before Christmas collapsed the one that the cattle are in) we just can't justify spending the shed money on BT's fees. It's like some kind of living hell - you just don't expect things to be so difficult in these modern times.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi,

Redpr, I am really sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. Without having the account and order information it is extremely difficult to comment on your case. If the Business Movers team have said this is the earliest they can activate the line and broadband I am afraid the moderators on the forum will not be able to bring this date forward. I do understand how frustrating this must be but I am more than happy to look over the order if you private mail me the information.

Rosewood, I am unsure what you mean by 're-connecting' a line to your property. Do you require an engineer to come out and lay new cabling to the premises? Or is all the cables and telephone wiring there, but you just need a telephone service activated on the line? It sounds like you have already contacted BT and been quoted a price to carry out work. If this is the case, this would be a standard cost that would be charged to anyone requiring the type of work you have been quoted for.

Kind Regards

Fiona
BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

redpr

Thanks Fiona,

We seem to have started to get there now, openreach installed the line on Monday 7th, however we are still waiting for the broadband to go live. Aparently the automated system is stuck just before our order has "commited".

I've also just found out that the Hosted VOIP system we ordered along with £430 worth of Falcon Phones wasnt ordered correctly and that I have been sent standard VOIP, which wont do what we want (we need the MADN and want to be able to transfer calls easily)

The problem seems to have stemmed from BT Local Business, who were fantastic at taking the order, but dreadful at following up orders as it was them that messed the order up in the first place. 

When speaking to departments in BT everyone gives us the answer that we should just wait for the orders to complete and for everything to be set up before lodging a complaint about the service and getting compensation, I dont want compensation, just a working phone and Broadband service.

I'm hoping that this should all be resolved by Monday so as a business I can continue trading instead of wasting my time with numerous calls to BT and having to wait over an hour to get through to departments.

Fiona, I would PM you my details but I cant actually work out how to do it! I have a feeling that this might get removed but the movers reference is B65478WM

Its a real shame that the staff in the movers department have to put up with the incompentance from other parts of BT, cause at the end of the day its them that get the flack from us customers.

I'd appreciate a call from someone on the hosted voip sales desk so we can sort out the issue with being sent the wrong phones and get the service set up how we wanted it (one MADN line in and 4 IP phones). I just hope that the broadband order commits on Monday so we dont have to have a huge cable drapped down the building from another company and use there internet. I can't even bring our servers online as it eats too much into there bandwidth (they're an IT company with servers of there own).

Lets hope this is the beginning of the end of this BT saga, I just dont understand the mentality behind waiting for the order to complete to complain for compensation, why not just solve the issue in the first place! Would also be great if openreach engineers weren't stuck down to only doing there assigned jobs instead of the old days when you could grab hold of one in the building and they could normally help you.

Lets hope this solves itself for Monday morning!

Carl