cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPview CallManagement - Exporting to Excel

OliverW

Hi

We have recently upgraded our phone systems to ipView Callmanagement with BT.  (ver: 5.1.13.01)

Its quite helpful, there are some nice reports i can generate. (I have to say that the "fully customisable reports" that we got told it could make is stretching the truth a bit, but it will get enough information out that we need)

However i have come up against a problem. I've tried to generate a report using Report builder. "Call Detail with CLI/OLI".

I'm getting it to run at 6am each morning, and automatically email itself to me as an excel spreadsheet. I get my outlook server to pick the attachment out of the email, save it in a predetermined folder, so that i can get a program called Filemaker (Apple's answer to MS Access) to automatically pull the information out at 6:05, and put it into our filemaker server. I'm then using webpages to bring the data out and display it in a completely customisable format for my employer.

My problem is this, when Filemaker generates the report, it looks like it puts an odd character(s) into the tab label. This means that if excel wants to open it, it has to repair the file first, by deleting the tab label. It then wants to be re-saved.

However i can't get filemaker to automatically open the file because its got this odd character in it. My theory is, that its putting "CLI/OLI" in the tab, and "/" is incompatible with tab syntax.

How can i tell ipView Callmanagement what i want on this spreadsheet. I can't find a work-around, or any solution. I have to use excel to open the file. Re-save it with the repaired tab name.

I've tried to export it as a .csv but the data is a little.... jumbled.

After exporting as a .xls, the first 75 lines are pretty much junk (to me), and the lines under the data is also junk. In the same respect, i want to be able to alter exactly what excel chucks out.

Is there a way around this? Or is there a fix? 

Ollie

0 REPLIES 0