cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winzip can not Open File but Winrar Can open this file

siebpeek

Hello we are downloading some zip files from some website and when I try to unzip it using winzip I get this error:

error [C:\Documents and Settings\test.zip]:  start of central directory not found; Zip file corrupt.

Possible cause: file transfer error

However when I use winrar it works fine. this website actually use gzip with php to create these zip files. let me know what can cause this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jaceclarke

Guide below must be helpful, if it doesn't work make use of https://www.repairtoolbox.com/ziprepair.html Zip Repair Toolbox

• Visit a website that has a ZIP repair program available for download. An example of such a program would be WinRar.
  • Download and install the program onto your computer.
  • Activate the program by double-clicking on the shortcut icon on your desktop, or through the "Start" menu.
  • Select the Zip file you wish to repair in the box on the program screen. You can browse your computer by clicking on the down arrow next to the browse menu bar.
  • Click the "Repair" button at the top of the program. It will have an image of a red cross on it. A new window will appear. Click on "Treat the current archive as ZIP" and then click "OK." The program will now repair your archive

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jaceclarke

Guide below must be helpful, if it doesn't work make use of https://www.repairtoolbox.com/ziprepair.html Zip Repair Toolbox

• Visit a website that has a ZIP repair program available for download. An example of such a program would be WinRar.
  • Download and install the program onto your computer.
  • Activate the program by double-clicking on the shortcut icon on your desktop, or through the "Start" menu.
  • Select the Zip file you wish to repair in the box on the program screen. You can browse your computer by clicking on the down arrow next to the browse menu bar.
  • Click the "Repair" button at the top of the program. It will have an image of a red cross on it. A new window will appear. Click on "Treat the current archive as ZIP" and then click "OK." The program will now repair your archive