cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transferred away 2 years ago, now can't join Office 365 as domain is still linked to BT

scritchley

Hi,

I moved our domain mlmpro.co.uk away from BT a couple of years ago for unrelated business reasons. Since then we have been working fine with our own in-house server. Recently we have decided to migrate our servers to use Office 365.

Unfortunately, when we try to add the domain to our independent Office 365 tenant it comes up and says that I am unable to do so because the domain is already attached to an existing Office 365 tenant (bt1479580pop.onmicrosoft.com). It suggests I contact BT to have this removed.

"Can't verify the domain"

"mlmpro.co.uk was already added to a different Office 365 account bt1479580pop.onmicrosoft.com"

Unfortunately, it was 2+ years ago that we left BT and we have no trace of any of the accounts or passwords. We used steve.critchley@btconnect.com and steve@mlmpro.co.uk as the admin accounts and we would be able to answer the security questions if required.

Who can help me with this? Who should I contact? It's a relatively unusual one I'd imagine and I can't see any help articles on it.

Kind regards,

Steve Critchley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ian1974

Hi Scritchley,

Sorry you are having this issue.

I have removed the domain from our systems, you should now be able to set this up with your new provider.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Domains

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ian1974

Hi Scritchley,

Sorry you are having this issue.

I have removed the domain from our systems, you should now be able to set this up with your new provider.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Domains

scritchley

Thank-you very very much Ian. This is a massive help. I've confirmed that I've now been able to attach it to our new office 365 tenant successfully. Smiley Very Happy