a month ago
1. Is this a genuine email? With so much bogus emails flying around it's hard to say what's genuine and what's not.
2. Do I update my details on the BT domain maintenance area where there is a specific whois tab? Will that suffice in updating the database?
3. If not, where do I find my login details for register.com? (if I even have any)
4. At the end of the email it says "if your Whois information is correct you do not need to take any action" How do I know if I need to take action or not?
5. It makes mention of the possibility of losing my domain names, can this just happen without further dialogue?
Apologies for all the questions but I'm really in the dark on this one so all help would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
a month ago
Hi there miknewton,
if you go to a webiste like www.ping.eu you can do a whois lookup your domain, and if the details are correct you do not need to do anything.
If the are wrong then yes you login to the BT website and in domain maintenance you can update your whois details for the domain.
Register is the company that we use to order and host domain names through for our customers.