cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain ID Protect service - Opt out of WHOIS

PBS

Does BT have an domain ID Protect service?

As I have been trying to opt out / remove my personal details (for security reasons) from my BT hoisted domain name with WHOIS.

But there is no option to opt out on the BT domain centre - "domain management"

Can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ian1974

Hi Pbs,

For .co.uk / .org.uk domains only non trading individuals can opt out of the whois database as contact details are required if you domain is being used for business purposes.

To opt out for uk domain you will need to log into your online Nominet account, if you do not have the details, please contact Nominet.

If you have a .com / .net domain etc then the above restrictions do not apply and you can request "domain shield" by using the dns enquiry form at www.dnsforms.co.uk we can then add the cost to your bill, this will cost £23.00 for 2 years subscrption.

Regards,

Ian - F -

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ian1974

Hi Pbs,

For .co.uk / .org.uk domains only non trading individuals can opt out of the whois database as contact details are required if you domain is being used for business purposes.

To opt out for uk domain you will need to log into your online Nominet account, if you do not have the details, please contact Nominet.

If you have a .com / .net domain etc then the above restrictions do not apply and you can request "domain shield" by using the dns enquiry form at www.dnsforms.co.uk we can then add the cost to your bill, this will cost £23.00 for 2 years subscrption.

Regards,

Ian - F -

Ian1974

Hi Pbs,

I can see your enquiry in our email queue and will respond to this in 5 mins.

Regards,

Ian - F -