cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Quick Questions

Vostro15

Hi,

I currently have a BT Business Mobile contract (HTC S620) and I was wondering about using this phone as a modem to use for tethering. Is with allowed within the terms of the contract?

Also, what are the chances of the BlackBerry Storm2 and Bold 9700 coming to BT Mobile? These are two phones which interest me and should they arrive with BT then I may take out another contract.

Many thanks,

Oliver

2 REPLIES 2

ScottBT

Hi Oliver,

There is no problem using your device as a tethered modem. Just be aware that the data you use will come from your bundle, and therefore you need to be mindful of how much you use so as not to go over your allowance. Also note that you will use more data when using it tethered than when surfing using the device browser.

I can also confirm that the both the Storm 2 and Bold 9700 will be available on a BT mobile contract in January of next year. There are also a number of new handsets on the windows OS coming soon too, so keep an eye out ...

Regards

Scott

Vostro15

Thanks Scott,

Are there any other details regarding minimum contract length, early upgrades or upgrades at the end of the contract? A rough price would be nice as well but BT always seem to give us a better price than anyone else because we rent 4 broadband lines from them!

Many thanks,

Oliver

EDIT: Also, could you tell me about what BT mean when they say that I have 'unlimited' mobile internet? Do they do the same as other companies and say that my maximum amount is 1gb as a fair use policy or is it actually unlimited? Thanks.

Message Edited by Vostro15 on 09-11-2009 07:18 PM