cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Web Servers on one Business Hub?

busybird

We had a two-wire hub and we've just moved to new offices and have a new BT Business Hub 3.  We have five static IP addresses and we have two servers on the end of it. I have one server running on a static IP via port forwarding and the web site (Sharpoint 2007 on port 80 IIS Windows 2008) is available from the internet. However, I want to run the other site (Sharepoint 2010 on port 80 IIS Windows 2008) on a static IP address as well. I cannot find ANY way of making port forwarding send traffic bound for port 80 to the correct server based on the incoming static IP address; I can see how to forward all traffic destined for port 80 to ONE server but not to have two servers on fixed IP on port 80 only get their own connections.  Does this help?

Server A : Sharepoint 2007 - Website (machine has two network cards, one public/one private) - delivering site over internet no problem.

Server B: Sharepoint 2010 - Website (machine has two network cards, one public/one private) - cannot see how to send traffic bound for port 80 to this machine. If I change IIS port to 8080 then it works fine - but I want / need to use port 80.

We had an old Voyager which could do this sort of stuff but had no wireless. They sent us a 2-wire hub but were told it can't do this. Then I was told the business hub 3 would do it "no problems" - some help would be appreciated before I throw my toys out of the pram at BT....

Thanks in anticipation!

1 REPLY 1

stuart181

Hi

According to bt this cannot be done. I have been talking and helping to teach their paid support department on how this is actualy done on the home hub 3.

I have the home hub 3 and I have 10 web servers all with there own ip and two of them with 2 ip addresses each.

BT tec people are told that It cannot be done. all the settings are in the home hub 3 to enable and run multiple servers each with there own ip from the home hub 3.

I am publishing a book on how to set up, configure and run web servers (VPS & Dedicated) from home or the office using BT Business ome hub 3. the book teaches you all you need to know and how to assign static ip address to each of the servers.

The book should be published next month but if you would like tec support for this issue in the mean time please PM me and I can offer you phone support or email support to get this set up and configured for you.

Stuart
How to Build a Home or Office Web Server
http://www.buildawebserver.co.uk