cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Static IP address not in dropdown of BT Hub page + Windows SBS issue

rossoonline

Hello everyone,

Just got a BT static IP address and I went to the BT Hub admin area and enabled static IP address. The only thing that's confusing is that the static IP I recieved in the email ends in .13 when the only ones I can choose in the dropdown end with .9, .10, .11, .12, .14.

Am I missing something? Also, when I go to Network settings -> devices, I see my Windows SBS server on the network, so I click on that and see that I can enable a public IP address for that. What do I put there? Does that need to be the static IP that BT sent me, or is that for the router page (which I can't choose from the dropdown)
. Also on that page is the option to manually set a public IP, I'm assuming I don't need to turn that on.

Last question, I go to "Roles" when setting up the Windows SBS2008 and to enable the DNS server it says I need to set the server to have a static IP, rather than obtain it automatically. When I go to that screen, what do I put there? Do I just put the usual 192.168.1.x? If so, what does the subnet and gateway need to be?

What's confusing at the moment is that the SBS server says it's on "Network 2" when the desktop PC says its on a network called "BT Hub etc etc". I'm assuming that needs changing somehow as well.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Ross

0 REPLIES 0