cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Record

ellimondo

Hi there

I have a client who wants to point their site away from BT to Squarespace. They are a BT Business customer.

This requires several changes to the DNS settings (the principal A records are locked).

I cannot submit the form I've been pointed to because the form is (i) rejecting her account number (it's asking for 2 letters and eight number which is exactly what I am submitting!) and (ii) I want more than one record changing/deleting - there's only one field.

What's the best way to move forward with this problem? I've never known such an archaic way of dealing with dns settings. Can't I just call someone? Every other host I've ever dealt with allows this stuff to be done over the phone.

Would it to cancel her hosting with BT so it (hopefully) unlocks the a records and do it myself? How would this affect her email which is hosted with BT too?

Many thanks in advance,

Jon

1 REPLY 1

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there, 

The account number begins with WM, make sure it's in caps and no spaces between it and the number so WM12345678

If you choose general enquiry from DNSforms.co.uk you can use the livechat and they may be able to offer assistance.

The technical desk can call the DNS department on your behalf if you are having a problem filling the form in though.

0800 800 154