cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARGHHHH - Help wanted! | Installation Problems

whiteyrhys

Hi, 

I am absolutely fuming at BT - I initially thought maybe, just maybe, BT would finally pull through for me for once but no - they do not. 

After much confusion and irritation in trying to find the order placed by my company for the lines and broadband to be installed into my property I finally got all the order references this morning. 

I decided I would check on the order and find out where it was at. My company placed a combined PSTN & Broadband Provide and I was given two references, one for the broadband and one for the phone line. This morning they were both showing as "In Progress" with an engineer install date of 26 July 2012. I decided I would leave it at that after being satisfied with the outcome of going online to track the order.

Due to my serious lack of faith in BT having worked in their Business Technical Help department in Dundee and having read the horror stories on here. I decided I would check it again at 6pm - where low and behold I found that the order for the Broadband was "Delayed" - not too much surprised but it definitely annoyed me. Alas, the order for the phone line was still "In Progress" with an engineer install date of the 16 July. 

Now as my new company has a highly superior Service Level Agreement to BT's I have to get online for that date. It's not optional - I seriously hope that BT will definitely get this order sorted out before the 16th July or it will be cancelled no matter what contractual costs are needed to get out. 

Can someone please advise on this issue? I'm sure someone else on here has gone through the same situation?

Thanks, It's really appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

celavey
Power User

I remember having in the same situation where I exerted a lot of effort to deal with installation problem. All I did when everything failed is I contacted BT and have them fix it for me. I also filed a complaint. That works for me.

whiteyrhys

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - it's just that my company has an extremely high SLA and to keep it that high they need their staff to be able to function efficiently at all times.

After talking to their order management desk today I suddenly can't view the broadband side of the order online anymore - BT gets better and better by the day, there's probably some other thing wrong now.