cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Infinity 100Gb month allowance Download only or upload and Download

Daniel350

Hi i have the BT Business Infinity Service with the 100Gb limit.  No problems so far and am impressed with the service (No idea when Infinity 2 is coming to my area though:().

My only question is I am going to start backing up my server Images over the internet to a remote server and this is obviously going to affect my upload amount admittedly at about 2 in the morning so not in peak time.  Is the 100Gb allowance download only in which case I am fine or download and upload?  If the latter i will obviously have to upgrade to Unlimited?

Thanks

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi Daniel,

Any limited use package on BT Business counts all data, both upload and download, as part of the limit.  Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to upgrade, although as far as I'm aware it's only an extra fiver a month.

You can call Sales on 0800 400 400 to upgrade, or you should be able to order online through the product page:

http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/fibre-optic-broadband/

Dave

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi Daniel,

Any limited use package on BT Business counts all data, both upload and download, as part of the limit.  Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to upgrade, although as far as I'm aware it's only an extra fiver a month.

You can call Sales on 0800 400 400 to upgrade, or you should be able to order online through the product page:

http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/fibre-optic-broadband/

Dave

sej7278
Super User

i still can't find anywhere that says how unlimited the "unlimited" package is. some have been rate-limited to 16mbps after using 300Gb.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi Sej,

There was a fair use policy in place for a long time on BT Business Broadband, but it was taken away well over a year ago, and as far as I'm aware the only speed limiting that takes place is on peer-to-peer data connections.

Here's the link from the BT site, which seems to confirm my poor aging memory:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy

If anyone does hear about anyone who seemsto be getting their speed throttled then get them to send the details to support@btbroadbandoffice.com or contact the Technical Helpdesk to have their connection checked.

Dave

knobbster
Super User

Thanks for the clarification. Is the Government mandating this plicy for data usage?

sej7278
Super User

thanks for the info DaveA, i'd still like to see what the FUP was for business though (you linked to home users) i'd hope there wasn't one, as if I did upgrade to inifinity2 then i'd probably start moving my hosting to the office instead of a colo.

searching around this forum it seems the "unlimited" FUP is 300GB for ADSL at least, same as residential, no idea about infinity though. ironic that "infinity" has limits.....

must remember not to download LEGAL linux dvd's etc. using the evil BitTorrent for fear of getting rate-limited.

and knobbster, no this is nothing to do with the govt.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Yeah I didn't realise that was the home one.  I'm sure I got it linked from a business article though.  Anyway, here's the link from the business side:

http://business.bt.com/products/fairusepolicy

Now it's very general and it's also doesn't have any limits. I did some digging internally and I can confirm that they removed the FUP limits from business broadband, and only P2P is now affected. Unfortunately it was an intranet link so I can't put it up here.

Dave

jakep

hi guys i currently have the 100 gig a month business infinity also, id like to know what happens if i reach the limit and how i would i know with out logging in and checking. my speed this morning dropped to about 4 meg. is this becuase the limit is reached?