cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional "line" & number - same phone?

leothelad

Can I request an additional "line" with new number that uses my existing phone but with a different ring tone?

Many thanks,

Leothelad.

3 REPLIES 3

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

On a PSTN single line you can have a service called Call Sign. This gives you an extra number for that line, When that number is called the phone will ring with a different cadence. You can thus distinguish between incoming calls. Eg personal and business calls, or calls from specific people who have been given the extra number.

For more information, prices and contact details to order the service (or other calling features) please look at the Sales page.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

LaraFM4466

I would like to get a second number for my landline phone through Century Link 1-863-385-0058.

Lara Markland

wysteria2011

Message for Fiona please. What is 'cadence' and exactly what does a call sign call sound like please?

thanks.