cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android phone email settings

Wetpawprints
I had my btconnect email account set up on my phone but now it no longer works. I have tried adding the account again but keep getting the error message "your incoming server does not support SSL. Please modify your incoming servers security type"

POP server: pop.outlook.com
Security type: SSL
Server port: 995

The email address is a sub account and I have noticed that I am also unable to log into btconnect webmail either although I can with the main account. Could this be linked?

Finding this highly infuriating, would appreciate some help.
3 REPLIES 3

Burkem5
Guru

Hi wetpawprints

Lets work this out 

First off i need you to go to www.myoffice.bt.com 
login with the BT connect email address,  this will give you a welcome to 365 screen and will tell you what your post migration ID is 
This is the address you now need to use to login to the webmail at http://login.microsoftonline.com 

It is also the username you will need to use to sign in to pop.outlook.com 

try using that username with the following settings 

Incoming server

Server - pop.outlook.com

port – 995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.outlook.com

port – 587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

that should now send and recieve 

I will note that sending can only be guarenteed on BT provided WIFI 

From a post by Adrianc

"Some mobile providers do what's called 'super NAT' where all the phones in a given area are given private IP addresses (e.g. 10.3.2.1) and share a single IP on the mobile company's network. This can cause a problem if someone is 'naughty' - a whole lot of customers can get blocked because they all appear to be using the same IP address."

Wetpawprints
Hi Burkem,

I can log on to my office with the primary email account and can also log onto the webmail with the primary account but I still cannot log onto any of the sub accounts.

I am getting emails for all the accounts on the main office computer but I still need to be able to have access on my mobile as I did previously.

I have also tried adding the primary account to my mobile but I get the same SSL error message. The Server setting I have been trying are same as you stated.

Burkem5
Guru

can you go to www.myoffice.bt.com > My Services

Login with the Primary account and then go to email summary 

this will show you the migrated logins of your accounts and allow you to reset passwords etc should it be needed.

Here is the set up i did for my android tablet.  I realise this is not the same but may give an idea of how to do this.