cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any problems with eShop and Vista OS?

Peter_G
Power User

Is anyone out there running eShop under Vista OS, and if so, is it trouble free?  I administer my eShop from two locations. One uses Windows XP/IE8 and runs with no problems.  The other uses Vista/IE8 and, for some time, I have had the following odd behaviour consistently on this installation.

When I start to edit my eshop via 'Content / Categories - Datasheet view', the content under the 'Pages' tab is presented. When I then select the 'General' tab, the system fails, with the message 'Internet Explorer has stopped working', with further problem details as below. All the other tabs on this page work OK when
selected.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.6001.19019
Application Timestamp: 4d0c3d4c
Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.6001.19019
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d0c53b1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000f3eea
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

BT Bus Hosting Support can't suggest anything other than changing browsers, but I am using the same browser on both installations, one of which works fine.  Any ideas, anyone? 

Peter_G
www.qgifts.co.uk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Peter_G
Power User

Well, I finally managed to load Firefox on to my Vista OS PC and, blow me down, the problem does not appear when using Firefox.  I must make an effort to follow BT's recommendations in future.

On the other hand, the eShop product is supposed to work with Internet Explorer (version 7 admittedly), so I might expect it to be a little more robust.

Peter_G

www.qgifts.co.uk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Peter_G
Power User

Well, I finally managed to load Firefox on to my Vista OS PC and, blow me down, the problem does not appear when using Firefox.  I must make an effort to follow BT's recommendations in future.

On the other hand, the eShop product is supposed to work with Internet Explorer (version 7 admittedly), so I might expect it to be a little more robust.

Peter_G

www.qgifts.co.uk

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Thanks for posting this up, this will be a help to a lot of other EShop users.

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Peter_G
Power User

Prompted by another recent post about browser issues, I thought I’d check if this problem, that I highlighted in February, still existed.  So, I tried to launch my eShop ‘Admin Page’ from the ‘BT Website Centre’ page, using IE8 for the first time since February.  On my first attempt, I was prompted by a Google screen telling me that I had first to install the ‘Google Chrome Frame’ extension.  Did BT expect this and, if so, did they let eShop users know in advance?

I was a little dubious of the technical credentials of the advice screen, since the message author misspelled the word ‘browser’, which you might think is a bit basic for a Google (?BT) employee.  However, I went ahead and carried out the
installation, as instructed.  I can’t now even get into the ‘datasheet view’ page via ‘Content/Categories – Datasheet View.’  Consistently, after a couple of attempts at selecting the datasheet view, the admin window closes without further explanation.

Note, all of the above is using Vista / IE8 combination.  On my other PC, using Windows XP / IE8, I have no problems. 
Neither do I have any admin problems when using Firefox in conjunction with either OS.

Have any other eShop users encountered problems of this nature?

Peter_G

www.qgifts.co.uk