cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful service - SO BAD.

TheWorstISPEver

I guess the best place to start is at the beginning of this terrible, terrible experience of being a "valued" BT customer.

I've come from a home with connectivity that has always been provided by Virgin Media, never had any issues (12+years), bordering on perfect.

I then made the stupid, stupid decision of buying a new home which can be served by BT.

Originally ordered ADSL only (as my exchange had yet to be upgraded to infinity).

• I had my order rescheduled 5 times, because they were unable to understand that I was the new owner of the property.
  • I was charged 3 times for delivery of a homehub, not because of missed delivery, or even multiple deliveries, but simply due to the fact that BT had changed the delivery date, only to never deliver the equipment; yet still charged me regardless.
  • Circuit was FINALLY provisoned and received services, only to find BT had been charging myself and the previous owner - resulting in a dispute with the original owner, who I then had to call BT for - to argue that he should be refunded (as BT would no longer speak to him, as he wasn't the property/line owner, despite gladly billing him).

Exchange was upgraded to support Infinity, my cabinet was one of the first to be upgraded along with the exchange - I was advised by Openreach, and my local BDUK funded team that fibre was available.

• BT advised me it wasn't available, and wouldn't be until December
  • BT then advised me it was available, just not at my property/cabinet
  • BT then advised it wasn't going to be available at all, and no news of roll-out of fibre services were in my area
  • BT then finally decided that Infinity was available, but couldn't figure out how to allow me to order.
  • FINALLY ORDERED, SET FOR INSTALL - Engineers to attend because I had ordered Infinity 2 service.
  • I then received an additional email in reply from a previous enquiry about the availablity, advising Infinity wouldn't be available in my area, despite BT just advising I could order. <-- Nice to see each department hasn't a CLUE.

-The formiddable installation day

• I was greated by two Kelly's Communication (great..) engineers, who rushed into the property, advised me they WOULDN'T be providing -any- internal cabling adjustments (despite BT saying they would). to note, I'm talking about re-running a pair of copper to the master socket, to reduce the rather elaborate existing cabling that added around 10-12 metres to the run from the cabinet. It would've taken around 10 minutes i'd estimate, but being the fantastic Kelly engineers that they were, they refused.
  • I then waited for them to return, as they advised they needed to enable my connection at the cabinet (would it not of made sense to do this before arriving at the property?!)
  • Once returned, I had to take a 12minute (to be exact) phone call, whilst they were at the property installing a homehub and new master socket faceplate/filter.
  • Once I finished my phone call, I rushed back downstairs after realising they were already back in the van and LEAVING THE PROPERTY.
  • I was slightly baffled that they hadn't spoken to me about anything that had been done, and simply just left - however I was pleased Infinity was installed, so did the usual speedtests.

25Mbit down, 3Mbit up - not quite the Infinity speeds I had been advised (which were a minimum of 65Mbit down, 17Mbit up).

Since then, I have called BT (0330 123 4567) 11 times, after navigating my way round your stupid, STUPID IVR system and literally does not work, and returns the caller to the same menu (order tracking) over and over and over.

I have the incompetent support team run "tests" on line 11 times, advising me that 25Mbit down and 3mbit up is acceptable for Infinity 2 - It's not, and I will not be told it is acceptable.

I've been promised the following by BT Support, on the actions they are taking and the SLA that they will be completed in:

• DLM reset / IP profile adjusted - 24-48 hours. - This hasn't been completed, and we are well into 5 days since the request.
  • Openreach engineer to visit Cabinet/Exchange/Property to fix the fault reported (has been reported by other customers in the area, and therefore alterted as a true fault - to be fixed in 24-72hrs) - This hasn't been completed, my fault is still on stage 1, and no update at all has been made to this ticket.
  • BT Support advise that I have been put on the wrong circuit, and this is the reason why I'm receiving such poor speeds - they advise an Openreach Engineer will be visiting the Exchange/Cabinet 07/11/14 at the latest.
  • BT called to advise that an Engineer was to visit the exchange and the fault would be rectified 07/11/14 and I would receive a callback checking my service.
  • 08/11/14 - Fault still here, still terrible speeds, no call back - and calling BT Support results in the same old "is it wireless or wired? can you restart the homehub?" troubleshooting rubbish.

Best of all, when asking BT if I would be compenstated with a credit on my account until my service was rectified (as BT admitted they had put me on the wrong circuit, and therefore entirely their fault), I was advised I wouldn't receive a dime.

Is there anyone at BT who actually has the ability to fix issues? And I'm curious, do you have statistics on how many issues are actually fixed by BT Support asking customers to TURN IT OFF AND ON AGAIN.

a valued, BT Customer.

0 REPLIES 0