cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT DONT CARE

davidhugh1
BT DONT CARE

I have been charged for bt business total broadband option 2 since September 2008 that we have never had (does not exist) bt are so good ,how could this possibly happen

4 REPLIES 4

MHC
Guru

So, you are saying that someone invented a new product name, entered it into teh BT billing system, tested tat it worked correctly and then charged you for it!     I don't think so.

The product does exist and has done for years and is even on te BT price list:  

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/panretail/terms/pdfs/bt1130a_charges.pdf

So, what Broadband product do you actually think you have?    And why has it taken you 4 years to realise?

whiller123
Super User

@MHC

I guessing they are still on Dial-up!

4 years is not long really, to be fair.

Rob

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Things go wrong sometimes, but not noticing being charged for four years?  Nothing is impossible, just unlikely.

If you PM me the account details I can have a look for you.

Dave

Jdatkin
Power User

BT Billing - Its A Total Lottery At Times!!

In the advent of the fragmenting of BT into 'BT This, That & The Other' its nigh on impossible to get one bill from one department!!

Even the shiny idea of 'OneBill' doesnt quite do it!!, and if you want to know precisely what your paying for in a onebill you need to spend quite some time getting through to the rite person, and you just try to make sense of their online onebill thing - TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!

I have a couple of business' and one of them has the dreaded onebill.

About 4 years ago we upgraded to the BT Versatility phone system, and then purchased it outrite, and subscribed to a maintenance schedule.

Earlier this year i was trying to make sense of just what we was paying for!!! 

It turned out that, AFTER SOME TIME, that we were paying 2 Maintenance Charges, but i was told this was normal

WRONG!!!!

After more digiing, and being passed between BT, and BTLB (Private arms of local BT Sales), which frustratingly meant i had to chase them up daily, because unless your buying something with BTLB, they dont care a jott (In my opinion)

It turned out that we were still paying for a maintenance schedule for the old phone system, the one which is no longer available, and is no longer supported through bt maintenance schedules!!

They may not sell them, stock them, repair or maintain the, bu they can still charge you for doing so!!!

I raised this, and they said it was upto me to prove that they had been charging me for it, and they said i had to prove that they had said that they would cease the maintenace schedule when we had the new system.

I did point out that we was told that the old system maintenance schedule would be cancelled when that system was ripped out, anf the new schedulw would start with the new system.

They no we had it ripped out as we spent about £5,000 on the new system, and they took the old one away!

Anyway, eventually, they agreed that they should have psotted this and we shouldnt have been charged maintenance for a system that was changed about 4 years ago.

BUT, they would only give us a refund for the last 12 months of incorrect charges!!!

EVEN **bleep** TURPIN HAD THE DECENCY TO WERE A MASK!

After this they 'forgot' to issue a cheque, and left the credit 'sat on the account' but unallocated, so bacically it didnt come off my bill, it just sat there in their bank for another 7 months, until i called them and demanded a cheque sent out!!

I say we all have to play miss marple when it comes to our BT Bills, and i urge to BT to clarify things and start to play fair!

I hope my case is an exception, but i feel that i get that much bad luck with BT  that i cant be alone!!