cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Local Business not interested in helping

jamiesop

Has anyone got any experience of how to get their BT Local Business (BTLB) office to respond to an admin, rather than a sale, issue? I am incredulous and extremely frustrated that they only seem interested in customer service if there's a sale in the air.

We are a small business planning to open a satellite office in 2016. Throughout last year BTLB regularly contacted me by both phone and email to check on progress with our search for premises. When we identified somewhere suitable, BTLB were quick to set up a meeting to provide quotes for replacing our existing ISDN service with a VOIP service.

So far so good. However, at that meeting the BTLB rep realised that our existing CRM cloud service wouldn't be compatible with BT's VOIP option but he then dropped a bombshell by saying that we wouldn't be able to use another carrier without paying BT an Early Termination Charge of £5000+.

It appears BTLB has at some point in the last 2 years committed us to a fresh 5 year deal without telling us but despite repeated requests over the last 6 weeks to provide evidence of this so-called contract they have failed to do so. Worse, all my emails are now being ignored and phone messages aren't returned.

To rub salt into the wound, our latest phone bill this month shows an increase in call charges caused by the call plan set up by BTLB having unexpectedly ended. My questions about this with BT Billing only result in me being referred to BTLB.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience of who I should now be escalating this to as BTLB have obviously dropped all interest in our business now that a sale is off the table?

Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

1 REPLY 1

HowsThat
Power User

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear that you are being treated so poorly.

Unfortunately I cannot make them change their ways but from working with clients who were in similar positions there might be a way through it.

BT will need to prove that you signed up to a new contract.  Normally they give you silence and if you move away they send you nasty letters but asking them to prove what they say normally makes them give up.

If you would like to discuss your position then please PM me with your number and the best time to call.

Stuart