cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT PC FAX

trevorian

I am desperatley trying to sign up for BT PC Fax on my BT Business account.

However, as I cannot sign up on line, because you have to select your telephone area prefix from a list but, believe it or not, mine is not listed and therefore I can't, and despite being passed around various BT departments, who knew absolutely nothing about the service, apart from being able to state "Sign up online" (the dilemma I have already outlined), I am in a Catch 22 situation.

Can anyone advise as to the best department to call/contact?

5 REPLIES 5

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Trevorian

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry you are having difficulties withthe BT PC Fax service, there is information on our Help & Support section.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Trevorian

BT PC Fax can offer local fax numbers for most major towns and cities and are continually adding more. If your area is not available, you may want to choose the area code for the nearest town or city or You could choose a non-geographic (0845) number as your fax number instead. If this doesn't answer your question you can also use the online contact form for BT PC Fax Enquiries.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

trevorian

I am looking to use my existing fax land line, as I need to ensure continuity of service and dont want to have to start advertising a new fax number so cannot use a generic number, hence my predicament.

I will need to register the land line over to the PC Fax service as stated as being possible in the PC Fax information.

How do I do this?

trevorian

I am looking to use my existing fax land line, as I need to ensure continuity of service and dont want to have to start advertising a new fax number so cannot use a generic number, hence my predicament.

I will need to register the land line over to the PC Fax service as stated as being possible in the PC Fax information.

How do I do this?

SeanMacDermott

Hi Fiona

I hope you can help as I am getting nowhere with on line or phone services.

I have a dedicated BT line for my existing fax. Youe web site says I can keep this for my new BTPC Fax number. How do I do this and will my existing line rental charge stop once activated. System asks me tp select a new number which I do not want.

Many Thanks

Sean