cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! IT WOULD BE GOOD TO TALK IF OUR LINE WORKED!

richardm

We moved into a new retail premises back in June, the previous occupiers did a runner and left owing BT about £189, the phone number was a good one, so we asked BT if we could have a line and use that number.  After doing various bits of paperwork they agreed.

We requested that the line be connected on 12th July 2010, bearing in mind the line is actually in place, this was agreed.  This was outside of the "maximum 10 day turnaround" time that BT quote as the time the action could take from the date they receive the completed paperwork back!

We even arranged for our alarm engineers to install our alarm the next day, which needed use of a phone line.  The next day came and guess what.......no working line!

Phoned BT Faults to be told that there was a fault showing outside of our premises, but nothing could be done as our line wasn't due to be connected until 16th July.

Wednesday came...many phone calls to BT Local Business Maidstone, they sent a couple of emails to their "offshore" colleagues, one garbled message on my mobile voicemail saying something about 16th July....very frustrated!

Went into our premises today and still no working phone line....although if you dial the number then it rings (at the exchange I assume).

Have been telephoning BT Business Faults on 0800 800 154 since 2.30pm today, after extensive waits it goes through to Residential Faults who say that they cannot do anything because it is a business line......but I am phoning the Business number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They try and put me through to Business Faults, but I just keep getting a message saying "Due to a serious incident we are unable to deal with your enquiry".....so back to square one!  The useless people in Residential (the one's you get through to by dialling the Business number) have no idea what the incident is, nor do they attempt to find out.  They just say "you'll have to call Business Faults on 0800 800 154"!!!

Perhaps the serious incident is a customer, like me, who is so fed up with not having his phone line working that he has personally gone and cut all their lines....not that it would make any difference, because they are useless anyway!

Hopefully someone from BT with a brain (or even half a brain) will read this and deal with the problem and give us some compensation for all of the delay, distress and inconvenience caused, before we put the matter into the hands of our lawyers for breach of contract!  It's not a good way to start a new business relationship!

The telephone number is:  ***** ******

4 REPLIES 4

LP

Totally agree with you - BT's business customer service is USELESS! I raised a complaint with them on 6th July which should have take minutes to resolve - 13 days later and despite four chase up phone calls, I am still waiting for someone with half a brain to call me back!  I will never use BT again after this unless there is a drastic improvement in their so-called customer service.....

Frances
Master User

Hi Richardm

Im sorry that you are having problems. If you send me a private message with your details I will get this looked into for you

Thanks

Frances

Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi RichardM,

We have not received a private mail from you in regards to this. If you can please send us a private email, you can do this by clicking on either mine or Francis name and selecting send private message. If you can include your account details, any reference or telephone numbers involved and a contact number we can ask for someone to look into your case. Unfortunately without sending us this information we can not progress with this issue.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Tracey
Guru

Hi RichardM,

I am really sorry to read you are experiencing issues with your BT Business Service, unfortunately if you do not private mail us the full details of the issue with the relevant reference number and accounts numbers we are unable to help you with this.

As such we can only assume your issue is resolve and shall close the thread.

Kind Regards

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.