cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost for Diverting Phone!!

Lavinia

My husband and i run a very small business and have always diverted our landline directly to his mobile phone.  By entering *21* etc, etc.  This morning, a customer advised that the number was just 'ringing out'.  When i tried to find out why this was, i received a message saying that "this service was not available".

I then spoke to a BT advisor, and spent considerable time trying to break through the language barriers and to get him to move from his pre-printed script, he advised that he could set this divert up at a cost of £7.77 a quarter and would be available later on this evening.

I do not understand why firstly, the divert just stopped and secondly, we are now being charged to divert the calls, when we never have done before?

Very frustrated customer ..........

1 REPLY 1

Frances
Master User

Hi Lavinia

Im sorry you have been experiencing problems.

The call divert feature has always been chargeable. There was a previous offer which gave 12 months free call divert when a line subsricption was taken out online. This may be why you have not paid before now.

You will need to reinstate the service to continue to use this feature. I presume from your message you have now done this.

Thanks

Frances

Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks