cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT SPEEDS NOT AS THEY SAY?

Bduncan

I have signed upto BT Broadband option 3 with the BT Vision box and i was very happy with the service until after the first ten day. My speed started to drop and the connection got slower and slower. After running the bt speed test i found that BT have set the connection to a profile of 16mb and i was getting about 13mb according to the bt tester and 4mb according every other speed tester...bbc.co.uk etc. Today i logged on and the profile is now 15mb and im running at 13mb, 4mb according to bbc etc...

Now i seeem to find this odd, I pay for 20mb and was told it will run at 17mb and i am fine with this. I live 75 meters from the local exchange (im one of the lucky ones) but if BT are setting my line to run slower surly that is against the law?

Is anyone else having this same problem? IF so i would like you to contact me and tell me about the problems you are having.

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Bduncan,

This is the forum for Business customers, it looks from your post you are a residential customer. I would advise you to contact the residential helpdesk, to get your line looked at. There are the contact options for residential, they also have a live chat you can contact.

Regards

Markp