cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtester is BROKEN AGAIN!

MHC
Guru

It has been impossible to use the Speedtest facility for most of Manday and remains so today Tuesday.

It returns:

nullThe Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

1 REPLY 1

DoctorDiddles

Hi,

Can you confirm that the results were returned and viewable from the test that you completed just after midnight?

I have checked your circuit and can confirm a successful test was completed and saved, server end.

If the results were not returned your end then ensure you have the latest version JAVA is installed and also that you are running no proxy or 3rd party DNS. If so and the test results are still not returned I can only suggest testing on another PC/browser to rule out your end.

I have edited some of the results (for security) however confirmation of the results from our end.

Attribute:                               UpStream-BE           DownStream-BE
TAP ID:                                 TAP-1                     TAP-1
Test ID:                                1298938397            1298938365
Start Date/Time:                     01/03/2011 00:12   01/03/2011 00:12
Test Duration:                        PT30S                    PT30S
Domain Name:                        hg40.btclick.com      hg40.btclick.com
Policy ID:                               FTTC                      FTTC
Profile Rate:                           2000                      38717
Test File Size:                         6327028                135687000
File Transfer
Average Throughput
/Session:                               1604.190063           34988.76953

Please note that BT business broadband do not maintain nor manage the BT speedtester server so we cant really offer much help with the availablity of the site. The site is maintained by BTwholesale, for use by any user of all ISPs which use the BTwholesale backbone. Most commonly, the test servers will not be available due to capacity issues. i.e too many people trying to run circuit tests.

BT wholesale list a email support address of support.bbpt@bt.com for any issues with the site so it may be worth dropping them an mail if you continue to have problems.

Regards

DD