cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility Firmware Update

DougChandler

Hi,

Where can I get the latest firmware for the BT Versatility? I have Hardware Revision C, but firmware 096, I know there is a much later version available but where do I get it from?

Also, I have seen in a manual that there is a check for latest firmware automatically option but mine only has update from a file, is this an engineer only option? Do you know what the default engineer password is as I do not know it, I have the admin password but that is all.

Many thanks,

Doug

3 REPLIES 3

burnsies02

Hi Doug

The formal method is via a BT Maintenance contract, where BT will perform an upgrade if the current firmware is causing you a problem.

To upgrade yourself you will need a copy of the engineer setup wizard and the firmware. There are separate firmware packages for the system unit and broadband module if fitted. I upgraded both on mine yesterday to 887 for the PBX and 189 for the Broadband +. There are a number of extra features unlocked in the Broadband+, including UM support and easier reconfiguration to use a non-BT SIP gateway (had to do some slightly fiddly things in the browser to change certain settings previously).

Getting hold of these was a bit tricky, but the process isn't too bad.  If you need more help, let me know.

Dave 

DougChandler

Thanks Dave,

I've sent you a PM.

I would like to get hold of these flash updates as I don't have an engineer to maintain the system.

Many thanks,

Doug

skipzoid

Hello.

Could you help me local the firmware updates and tools for my versatility.

I have a broadband module also.

thanks.