cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility - Help Needed!

ICRltd

Dear All,

Our business has been having a BT Versatility kit for a while and recently we have decided to move forward to get the most of its features. We do not need anything extremely fancy, but once the features are offered and we need them, we would like to make ourselves convenient using them. Unfortunately, manuals are lost, but I managed to get the software and connect to the exchange via the RS232 connection.

OK, to the point. Please does anyone could explain us how to get a voicemail message left in the system voicemail box emailed to any address; is an additional piece of hardware needed; what settings need to be changed?

Some guidance from a knowledgeable lad would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Davel
Super User

I don't think you can do this. Remote mailbox access is possible, if you google" BT Versatility Owners Manual" you should be able to download it from the BT site amongst others!

ICRltd

Thanks, Davel, for your reply.

Your suggested remote mailbox access could probably work as a backup solution to what we need. I also managed to get a BT Versatility Owners Manual where it is clearly says that it is possible to get a left message to be emailed: "When a voicemail is left in a user’s voice box, the user is sent an email with an attachment .wav file of the voice message, which can then be played by the user’s PC." (page 82). It is under Unified Messaging.

Now I just need to find out whether a broadband extention is needed in order to enable and setup this feature.  

Any ideas, anyone?

Davel
Super User

I really need to dowload the latest version of the manualSmiley Happy

keiooz

Can you share a link where I can download this manual?

ICRltd

keiooz, I found this manual on the BT website, really do not remember the link now. If you struggle to find it, leave me your email address and I will email it to you.

The half dead activity indicates that not many people know about this BT Versatility exchange... Anyway, it seems I do need that broadband extention.

Videostar

Hi, I have similar problems with manuals - I finally managed to get the Versatility manual and programming software for the Versatility and its broadband module and also for the BT V-IP phones to go with the Versatility. I have followed what I think is everything in the manuals to match up the phones to the Versatility (they used to connect automatically two years ago when they were last used) but the phone simply can't find the IP address and no one at BT will help BECAUSE I'M NOT PAYING MAINTENANCE SO THEY WON'T TALK TO ME ! Does anyone else have any ideas ?