cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility Music on Hold Module

cartercabinhire

Hi all,

We have a music on hold module installed to our BT Versatility system. Up until now we have not been using the module and instead making do with the internal hold music that the system provides. We have now decided to make the switch to using an external source. 

I cannot get our external source to be our on hold music. I go Programming > System > Music On Hold > External Source which takes me to a screen that says Select External Source which presents me with a list of our extensions. How do i determine which of these is the one i need?

Any help would be massively appreciated 

Thanks

TB

2 REPLIES 2

chrisjc

From my limited understanding of the MOH module, it needs to be attached to an extension. It might be worth looking the box and working out which physical port its plugged in to and working out from that.

An easier way would be to play something on the MOH connector and keep trying your unused extensions until you find the one playing music. I'm assuming that it wouldn't ring and just answer instantly. I'm sure you probably don't have more than ~10 unused extensions, will only take you 5 mins 🙂

cartercabinhire

Awesome! Thanks chrisjc , managed to find it by trying the list of extensions, easy peasy!