cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT dont send us bill and then charge us!

snowboo

We have broadband ans telephone lines with BT for one of our busiensses. All we get through the post from them are reminders, never the actual bill! We have rung them everytime we get a remind and no bill which is every month and they say they will sort it, but never do! We still just get reminders every month with a £13.50 late payment charge added on!

Its unbelievable the number of times we have rung to complain but still dont get any bills, just reminders and late fees!! BT is a total disgrace and should not be charging us late fees when they wont even send us bill! We have to ring to try and get bills so we can pay on time and they just cant be ar*sed to sort it!

What can we do? is there anyone we can contact to put a complaint in and try and claim all these late fees back becuase of how incompetant they are, it is not our fault!

can anyone recommend a different provider for phones and internet?

Thanks for any advice!

Sorry for ranting , just been on the phone to them again as we rang them at the endof last week and they have instead of sending a bill sent us another reminder!!! So frustrated with the crap service they offer.

5 REPLIES 5

MHC
Guru

Have you signed up for electronic billing?    And either given an incorrect address or fail to access that email account?

snowboo

Hi

Nope never signed up for online billing and they send the reminders to the right address so they have the right address. Looks like BT are just totally incompetent

MHC
Guru

Have you ACTUALLY checked that you are not registered?   You may have agreed to it (possibly unwittingly) during your initial call.

With on-line billing there will be a red paper reminder sent out when payment is not received.

firionicable
Power User

It could also be possible that the billing statement is sent to a different location or different address. I think you can always contact BT so they could send it to you via email which could less the hassle of having it on snail mail.

evilezh

BT billing is always a big pain 🙂

I'has a company where BT sent bills which shouldn't be paid (like if you join, then you do not pay for first n-months), but after they charge you anyway. Another was that i did move and they charged for both locations, and i did get my service interrupted as well.

Also support is nightmare (you can't get to next support line, and i spent one day 6 hours on phone 😄 ). Finally i break a contract before time, because they did not provide me service (service was ceased becasue of wrong BT billing), and they anyway charged me extra for all term i did not receive service 🙂  + money for breaking contract before time. And i had to pay because they got my deposit.

Another trick was that i had a line, which stopped working. why ? 🙂 because another BT  engineer cut down my wire and connected to another user .. lol 🙂 They charged for all time i did not have internet as well. I did not even call them, because spending another 6 hours on phone i wouldn't be able anymore 😄