cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT gave away my 40 year old number

Veryunhappy

Hi,

I am new to this forum.  As the subject line states, BT have given my business phone number which I've had for over years to another customer without any consent.

BT gave no written or phone explanation.  I contacted BT and they have admitted their mistake.  They have stated that I can only get my number back by writing to the new customer.

I'm sorry but this is not acceptable.  I have built my business around this number.  The new customer has his broadband line on this number and is not willing to give up the number.

What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

mdj1

Did you get this resolved?

If you had the number, it was working and you were up to date with the payments then you have a case to take BT to court for loss of business.

I would speak to a solicitor, you will probably find that just the threat of court action and the huge costs for loss of business to BT you will get your number back.

remember not only can you claim for loss of business, but marketing, contacting existing customers, you could run the marketing in to £10,000's if not £100,000's of pounds to ensure that people know you new number.

SCENEgineering

Hi,

What was your resolution? I am in EXACTLY the same boat and have just been told I need to speak with the new owner of my number!?!?? 

Why is this my probem to resolve i ask!

Anyways, what was your resolution?

Many thanks

Iain