cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT versatility serial connection timeout

Leviathan

I have a BT Versatilty system installed.

Have gotbasic sewtiupok and have purchased serial cable and serial to usb adapter.

I have sorted out the driver for the pc as initially the Win7 driver was not liking the USB cable, now thjough can connect via Wizard and goes green when trying.

After a few seconds it comes back with "PABX connection lost. Timeout whilst waiting for acknowledgement"

Presum as can get connection that data is being sent but none coming back? I have setr the baud rate to 4800 via programming position on master phone and made sure virtual port settings on comm 3 (the one being used) all match.

At a bit of a loss really to know how to proceed.....anyone help?

Cheers rob

3 REPLIES 3

Davel
Super User

It could be down to which com port is allocated to which usb outlet. Either try changing the com port in the Versatility software or try all of your usb sockets.

dave

wernstrom

I tried a few different USB<>Serial adapters and couldn't get any to work reliably with Win7, as far as I can tell, it's not a problem with the phone system, as they wouldn't work with an old serila PalmPilot either.

My solution was to just get hold of an old Dell laptop with an actual serial port - worked first time.

Davel
Super User

I use a Bandridge USB -serial converter which works fine.