cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT web chats

SusieQ

I have just tried the BT webchat service, and was unfortunately interrupted by a short telephone call in the middle, which I had to take - when I returned to the webchat, the BT representative I had been dealing with had signed off and disconnected, but there was no way for me to keep the details of the conversation that I had been having, and either try to reconnect with the same representative, or pick up with somone else. I found this intensely frustrating. Why should I have to start the process all over again? Surely there is a simple way to sort this out? I can't be the first person to have been in this situation. Can you include a 'reconnect' function (even if with a new representative)? Or a reference number so that a new BT rep can pick-up on a previous conversation?

Luckily I have now finally spoken to a real life human being (I have been trying to sort out a problem with BT since 5th August!!). The webchat, in its current format, was a complete waste of my time.

5 REPLIES 5

WilliamA

Hi SusieQ,

Thanks for taking the time to highlight this issue with BT Webchat. I have referred this to the appropriate owner within BT & will post a response as soon as they come back to me.

WilliamA. 

WilliamA

Hi SusieQ,

The BT Webchat developers are currently looking into your suggestion. I'm still awaiting a full response but will post it as soon as I receive it.

WilliamA.

WilliamA

Hi SusieQ,

I've received the following response from our Webchat developers;

Hi, my name is Nick and I look after our website. Thanks for your insight, we think that's a great idea! As a result of your idea we're looking into providing an emailed transcript of your chat with a reference number. If you have any other ideas for enhancements we'd love to hear them.

WilliamA

WilliamA

Since this idea was posted we have developed the live chat functionality so that:

1) Each session provides customers with an opportunity to receive a full transcript of the session they have just had.

2) If a session is lost for some reason, for example if a customer’s connection drops, the live chat session will still get recorded as an incident in the chat agent’s console, together with the customer’s email address, and if the customer opens a new chat session at a later date the chat agent will be able to see what was discussed in the earlier session, to enable continuity.’

WilliamA