cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT2700HGV - Config Backup

XR219

Hello everyone. Having just spent the best part of a day configuring a fairly detailed ruleset on this piece of hardware, can someone tell me how I backup up the config?  I'm going mad looking through the nonsense Fischer Price menu system for anything that resembles "Backup configuration"

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

XR219
Thanks for the reply. I find in completely unbelievable that BT are supplying a piece of equipment to SME's that they cannot backup. I guess this is so that if it does go belly up, they have to pay BT to fix it. Think its time BT stopped using pathetic feature removing tactics to gain some extra revenue from Small business at a time when they can least afford it. Think we'll go and buy a Draytek Vigour or something vaugly useful. I'm in disbelief.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

a-hill
Grand Master
Unfortunately there is no backup settings feature available on the 2700

XR219
Thanks for the reply. I find in completely unbelievable that BT are supplying a piece of equipment to SME's that they cannot backup. I guess this is so that if it does go belly up, they have to pay BT to fix it. Think its time BT stopped using pathetic feature removing tactics to gain some extra revenue from Small business at a time when they can least afford it. Think we'll go and buy a Draytek Vigour or something vaugly useful. I'm in disbelief.

villaselect

I also find this incredible. Every single router I have used has had a backup and restore facility.

As it happens, this hub used to have such a facility but it appears to have been removed during a firmware upgrade (downgrade in my opinion as the old interface was far easier to use).

Progress - I think not! Smiley Sad

Autopage
I backed up my BT2700HGV using free website copying software from http://www.httrack.com. You have to re-enter everything manually, but at least it's a ther for you to see on the right pages.