cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTConnect.com rejecting all my emails

gbrown100

Hi,

My client cannot send any emails to BTconnect.com email addresses. They simply get a bounce with this error:

[18/Mar/2015 15:05:37] Sent: Queue-ID: 55099441-000004bc, Recipient: <clients-name@btinternet.com>, Result: failed, Status: 5.4.0 521 rgin08.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - no PTR record for 193.33.198.199, Remote-Host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk, Msg-Id: <332423953-9076@mail4.pmms-group.com>]

Now the weird thing is that my clients mailserver IP is 193.33.198.189 - the IP it shows if you or I ping mail4.pmms-group.com and that has a perfectly valid PTR record. For some reason btinternet.com mailservers are using an old cached copy of the IP address which changed last Saturday.

I have spent hours on to the helpdesk callcentres, I have been told repeatedly that it is "Most assuredly not a problem with BT" however the evidence above proves it is and no-one I have spoken to even knows what an IP address is let alone a PTR record! The tone then changes to "You are not a BT customer so we cannot help" yet the problem is affecting all the BT customers that my clients can no longer contact.

Is there anyone out there that can help by getting this info to the server teams in charge of this service and just have them refresh their DNS cache? It's affecting my clients ability to work, upsetting BT customers and causing me a lot of stress and wasted hours on the telephone!

Thanks in advance, here's hoping 🙂

Graham

3 REPLIES 3

abhayns

I have the same problem

Emails sent from one of our servers using IP 198.57.211.50 to BT email addresses are rejected with similar error message.

"SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.49]: 554 rgin01.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied"

We are not on any black list and no domain on the server spams It is proving impossible to speak to anybody who has any knowledge of Cpcloud.

can anybody help

Andrew

markp
Grand Guru

Hi all,

the server rgin01.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk is BT residentials (@btintermet.com) servers/filter.  If the mail from your server is being blocked through this server you would need to contact the BT residential helpdesk to find out why their server is blocking your mail.

The contact details fo them are 0800 111 4567, www.bt.com/chat or their forum https://community.bt.com/

Markp

MrMELT

Same problem here. Our mail servers are not on any blacklists.

BT deny the fault is theirs, but evidence shows it very clearly is, however, first line support are merely reading from a script and therefore not qualified to resolve the issue that they refuse to escalate due to the fact I am not a BTconnect customer.