cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before I venture too far....

babyabroad

I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice.  I'm just starting off setting a website up for the first time.  I signed up with BT as I thought it would be easier to start with a wizard type of software to get going.  I am starting to get a little frustrated about the lack of facilities on easysitewizard pro and wondering if soon I will need to switch to a more advanced way of editing.  Sorry - I'm going round the houses - but my question is what happens to my current site set up on the easysitewizard if I switch to another type of software?  I don't want to progress further editing the current site if I end up losing everything later on if I switch.

thanks to anyone listening

babyabroad

4 REPLIES 4

LisaBT
Power User

Hi There,

What type of actvities would you like to see that are not currently on ESWPro?

Thanks,

Lisa

babyabroad

Hi Lisa

There are a couple of minor things such as not being able to set a link within the same page - but I think these things have been fedback by others previously.

My main gripe is that I checked before signing up to BT if I can add adverts such as google ads to my site - it is intended for revenue to come in two forms - one of which being advertising.  I was told it can be done.  Which I guess, theoretically it can. But I am using the easysitewizard to construct my website and it seems, for example, that you can't add google ads without entering HTML code and has come up many times recently - you can't edit html code with easysitewizard.  I know BT have said you can - but all the experts on the forum have made it clear that if you do edit the code then republish through easysitewizard you lose any html changes. 

I see there is a particular Ad Manager on the BT site - but again, can this be used in tandem with easysitewizard to set up ads or will the two contradict one another?

Your comments on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

babyabroad

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Babyabroad

If you using EasySiteWizard Pro, content from your website is saved under '/private/ESW/site_***** folder', pages are in .xml format. There are also pages under /public folder in .html format. You can copy these files to your local PC and you can make changes to them using a different client.

It is worth noting that our webtools support team will only assist with problems involving the EasySiteWizard, they cannot assist with problems using another client.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

babyabroad

Thanks for your comments Fiona, but I feel like I'm going around in circles. My point is that I may be able to use another client but I don't want to.  I signed up to the advanced package in order to use the editing software that BT provide. 

Before I signed up I asked about advertising on the sites and was told it is possible.  It was never stated that it is only possible to do so using another client - otherwise - why would i have signed up to the BT prices if I couldn't use the software?

Please can I get a response that directly answers my original query.

Thanks

babyabroad