cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help.. messed up my website by looking at other template designs

Juls

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help?

I was looking at other design templates and hit the next key which implemented the design template onto my webpages. Even though I went back to my original template all my pages are messed up. Does anyone know how to restore back to a previous weeks files so I can go back before I made the mistake. I have 30 plus pages and to redo them will take many, many hours of work.

My domain is spokes-ctc.org.uk

I had a look at the files in the public folder and if I click on the individual .html files they all look fine, so it must be something to do with the interaction between the template and my pages when using the editor.

Juls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dave
Guru
My tip would be if you are wanting to experiment with templates and setting, is set up a second test site and publish to a subfolder, eg yourdomain.com/testarea and that way you can experiment with it all you like without messing up your actual site.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dave
Guru

Try this...

On each page in the editor, click the disk icon then choose "restore from backup"

Juls

Thanks Dave.. tried it but all the text is still squished into one blob in the right hand corner and the original templates photos and text is overlayed ... :o( It did however change the squished blob of text, so at least when I do get it back to readable I have learnt how to go revert.

Looks like I have no choice but to re-do every page... gutted.

Juls

dave
Guru
My tip would be if you are wanting to experiment with templates and setting, is set up a second test site and publish to a subfolder, eg yourdomain.com/testarea and that way you can experiment with it all you like without messing up your actual site.

Juls
Thanks Dave.. will do.. I was just trying to show someone how easy it was to use the Wizard that will teach me..