cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberryberry 8320 - Tom Tom Traffic Services

RBStarkey

I have just signed up for a BT Mobile Account and was provided with a Blackberry 8320.  When I try to connect my TomTom Go 700 to the traffic data feed I can't connect.  When I rang BT Mobile's help line I am told that this model will not connect to Tom Tom.  The TomTom device lists the 8310 - I have assumed that this will be compatible.

I am annoyed that I didn't check beforehand that this limitation existed.  Is there a way around it?  On the Tom Tom site there is some advice which I have followed...

The Dial for a GPRS / UMTS network is :*99#. For Siemens and Sony Ericsson handsets you need to insert *99***1#.

Login script is constructed: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","Access point name","",0,0 For example, Vodafone NL Business becomes: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","office.vodafone.nl","",0,0
Note: the '3' UMTS networks require no Login script. Except for some specific handsets: Motorola A835, E1000, V975, C975, Sony Ericsson Z1010: AT+CGATT=0

When I adapt the script it still fails to get connected.  Can anyone...

1. help with the correct settings?

2. Confirm that an 8320 can connect to Tom Tom Traffic Data Services?

Thanks

Message Edited by RBStarkey on 23-02-2009 11:44 AM

Message Edited by RBStarkey on 23-02-2009 11:44 AM
1 REPLY 1

craigmod
Power User
For this to work the you must have an internet apn added – this is an additional data charge monthly plus any gprs data will be charged per MB – on the BT SIM account to access the btmobile.bt.com internet portal The BB initialization string would be  +cgdcont=1,"IP","btmobile.bt.com" The dial number would be *99# 

The BT datasupport team has this info as part of using a bb as a tethered ip modem

There are also pointers to other BB users getting tom-tom to work on www.blackberryforum.com