cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband on line with Redcare monitoring

gullwing
I seem to receive conflicting views on whether broadband can be put on a line with Redcare monitoring.  Our intruder alarm was installed approx. 1994 and at the time broadband was not a possibility so we opted for a dial-up system.  Have recently cancelled this as it only managed speeds of 25 kps! Now understand that broadband is possible but am sometimes still told by BT advisors that this is not the case.  Would anyone know or have experience of having installed broadband on a Redcare line, whether or not it will work O.K.  Many thanks for any replies.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sean2008
Super User

Hi gullwing,

I can confirm that Redcare is compatible with broadband so there should not be a problem for you to place an order for this service.  Hope this clears up any confusion.

Cheers

Sean

BT Forum Moderator 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sean2008
Super User

Hi gullwing,

I can confirm that Redcare is compatible with broadband so there should not be a problem for you to place an order for this service.  Hope this clears up any confusion.

Cheers

Sean

BT Forum Moderator 

gullwing
Thanks Sean for quick reply.  Much appreciated.  The fact that we have had Redcare monitoring since 1994 does seem to cause a problem with some of BT's advisors, hence the mixed advice.  Thanks again.