cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade-who do I speak to

Lutra

Hi,

I have had the misfortune of being in a rural area on a prehistoric exchange with 0.5 MB BB speed. The exchange has recently been upgraded (Hurrah), and I upgraded my package to get the faster speed of an estimated 4.5MB. After my first order, I waited 5 days, still 0.5MB. Had to re order. Waited another 5 days-guess what-0.5MB. I have been told different things from different BT folk like 'something must be stuck at the exchange' 'your line can't deliver faster than 0.5MB' 'there's a residential tag on the line' 'the exchange hasnt been upgraded' and the most recent was that the order had the wrong post code on it!! even though it was correct. An engineer went to the exchange and said we should be able to get it, the exchange can now deliver faster speeds, it is an admin problem. My head is spinning, my BB is chugging. The issue was escalated and we should have had a call today, but no one phoned. So-who do I phone to chase this up, is there a secret number that folks know about as the usual ones lead nowhere except to be put on hold and/or to get fobbed off.

1 REPLY 1

JohnE
Guru

I am sorry, Lutra, that you seem to be having difficulty with the order process.  I note that you are to be contacted, perhaps you could let us know how this goes.