cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt Vision Business Customers

lamlashgolf

Following the demise of Setanta many business premises have been unable to register ESPN unless they take up the Sky Package.

This is  an extremely expensive option for many small outlets,golf clubs for example, has any consideration been given to extending BT Vision to Business Customers. I am sure that many small  clubs would be interested.

Andrew Crawford

Lamlash Golf Club

16 REPLIES 16

WilliamA

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your idea. I've sent it to the relevant department & will let you know when I receive their response.

Meantime, it would be interesting to hear any other comments on this subject.

WilliamA.

James
Master User

Hi Andrew, this is a good idea. I received the following response from the BT Vision department, however I have made sure your suggestion does not go unnoticed:

'We currently don't have plans to launch a business variant of BT Vision, but we continue to review ways we can develop our service into the future.'

By the way for anyone else reading this the best way of ensuring BT stand up and take notice is to click on the Kudos image by this idea. The higher the Kudos rating, the more popular thie idea amongst other customers.

Thanks for your input.

James

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.
Thank you.

99mjross

Hi,

I joined this forum to find out about BT Vision for business customers. My situation is that I was with BT business then I moved to BT Total broadband in order to get BT Vision, I soon became disappointed with the quality of service from BT total broadband and returned to BT business only to discover that BT vision is not supported. My BT Vision box is now a brick which seems such a waste of this technology. The OP has an excellent point about providing a service to small business customers. I am suprised BT does not support this with the usual premium price for business customers. I want to add Kudos to the OP but cannot find the Kudos star!

Martin.

toby

Hi William

I am also very interested in a business version of BT Vision and am sure BT could benefit from this market. There are hundreds of licensed premises that are paying extortionate prices to SKY  for sports packages and many now are not renewing there subscriptions, thus damaging business by people staying at home. A typical package from sky can cost £900 per month. Come on BT stop this monopoly sky have on our businesses.

Al-jop

James & William Administrators.  Please explain why BT are unable to offer BT Vision to business customers.

In this difficult economic climate every small business/club needs to make choices and by BT's current stance I cannot see how the stranglehold that Sky has over many TV areas can be relaxed. I thought that BT Vision was such a fix but it is only for homes. Come on BT stand up to Sky.

James
Master User

Hi all, thanks for your showing your interest in having a Vision package for businesses. I've sent your comments to the department in charge of BT Vision, their standing still remains the same as above. I wasn't given any detail as to why BT isn't likely to develop such a product any time soon so sorry if this isn't exactly what you are looking for, however I can say that myself and the other moderators will continue to monitor this thread and if any other similar comments emerge in support of such a product, we will send them through to the relevant department; the greater the desire for such a product, the greater the likelihood BT will look into developing it.

James

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.
Thank you.

cheshirehealth

As time has now moved on, are BT Vision any closer to allowing small businesses to utilise the service?

We just cannot afford the cost of commercial sky but would really benefit from having the ability to watch the sport in our club.

Tracey
Guru

Hi cheshirehealth,

Sorry for the delay in the reply.

I am afraid at the moment we have not had any further details on this. Once we have further information we shall post the details to keep everyone informed.

Thanks

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

GrahamR

Myself included, a large number of BT business broadband clients must work from home.  The offer of BT vision on these services would add further value for customers and BT.