cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt is just doing my head in

edsheeranscat

Right basically for the past year BT has been messing up. it wasn't so bad when it started, just took longer to load stuff and the phone line had a little crackling noise. Now i cant even load a 30 second youtube video, facebook or twitter willl stop working bt willl stop working every hour or so as the light will turn orange on the box especially at peak times. Also the phone line has gotten so bad i just physically cant hear a word anyone says or just anything really. I called up a couple of months back and they said it was my ADSL filter and so i got a new one and my connection worked a little better and phone line stopped crackling for a month tops. I have bought a new phone, changed any cables that could be faulty but nothing at all has worked. i have noticed loads of BT customers have had these problems so it cant be something as simple as changing something. i have had enough of this nonsense and i cant call BT services since you know, my phone doesn't actually work. BT is not giving me the amount i am paying for. This is getting so bad i am considering moving to sky as it seems to be so much better. Seriously i know that if i call they will tell me its where i live but i live in the middle of a city. I need some help with this because i feel i have been robbed of my money for the past year.

2 REPLIES 2

MHC
Guru

Disconnect ALL of your wiring including DSL filters and extensions..

Then try making a call - is it noisy?   Is it clear?

If it is noisy then report it as a voice fault and do niot mention anything about ADSL.

If it is quiet - the problem is with your wiring or equipment and for you to sort out, NOT BT.

edsheeranscat

Yeah thats one of the first instructions when you go through the BT help pages and its noisy still so it MUST be BT.