cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business broadband broke again :-(

vixw

Here I am piggy-backing on my neighbours tinternet as BT business broadband not working....again :-(.  Second router (2wire - pile of poo IMO!) and 2nd ADSL filter plugged into test socket - still only flashing broadband light.  Phoned BT - done network/line tests etc - can't find anything wrong.  Apparently no issues in the area.  Earliest an engineer can come out is Thursday but am very busy at work that day so now coming on Friday!  But will it really be a problem within my house?!?!?  Last time I had issues ie. 6 months ago - engineer due to come to mine @ 1pm....at 12:45 problem resolved miraculously!  And engineer changed the test socket cover back then - but only to help speed things up.

Pls remind me what I (well my employer) pays BT for for business broadband!?  Rant over but not a happy customer :-(.

V

2 REPLIES 2

vixw

Well...engineer came out today..after 15 days!  After much testing with other 2wire routers, and a BT home hub, it seems that "something" changed at the exchange on 10th April which BT 2wire routers are no longer compatible with!!!  So, off I go to buy a new router myself!  Not quite sure if that actually resolves the issue as surely it now means that anyone new to BT who is connected at the same exchange as I and is offered a 2wire router will now not be able to use the BT supplier router!  Smiley Surprised

Lets see!

V

JohnE
Guru

VixW, please be assured that nothing has changed at any Exchange which will make the router we supplied to you "incompatible".  If an engineer has told you this, it's all the more important that you get in touch with the helpdesk in order to progress your issue.