cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT ACCESS EMAIL OR WEBMAIL SINCE COMING BACK OFF HOLIDAY

KarenG

Smiley Mad  I recently came back off today and now I cannot access my email.  I have sent emails from my other email account to my BTConnect account and nothing comes through.  It checks the email all be it very slowly and then nothing comes through.  No error messages.  I had an email message before going away about migration saying that I would be sent an email to say when it would take place, but no emails have been received since coming back.  But as I cannot receive email via Outlook or Webmail I do not know what is going on.  When I tried to use webmail it did not work, neither does any of the other services that I have to sign into using Internet Explorer.  When I try to sign in to services ie webmail or anything else ie. "Manage Your Account" , I get another box come up saying "Change Email Password Details" which I am not prepared to do (as I do not know how to change these in Outlook Express 6, so the password for Outlook Express and Webmail would be different so the Outlook Express password would not work.  I cannot get beyond the "Change Email Password Details" box to do anything.  Where is the option not to change your password?  Where have all the emails that I have sent myself and that other people sent me gone to?  Nobody seems to be able to help.  I phoned up the Migration Helpline and they said they would send me an email to say when migration had taken place but what is the point of that when I cannot receive any email.

3 REPLIES 3

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Only option here is to contact the Helpdesk.

Dave

FSDSMAN
Power User

I am afraid this is yet another case of the migration failing completely. If you have a hosting package or domain name also with BT I can tell your what has happened and reasonably confident of the issue.

I still cannot believe that the roll out is still taking place after a 90% failure rate.

email me if you require more info as I am getting rather tiered of the same thing happening every day to all people and the powers that can change/stop this just do not listen or are not interested.

It is pointless me posting here why it is happening and the support team are aware of why it is.

The migration simply does not work if you have more than one email address and a domain name registered with BT.

Stephenc
Master User

Hi there,

I am unsure where the 90% failure figure has come from?  The migrations have been going on for 9 months to a year as well as the creation of new accounts everyday, it would be more apparent if that many users were failing.

KarenG, you may need to reset your password, it is entirely dependant on what your password is now, there are several for your own security that Microsoft will not allow on the new platform.

However, do not reset it through the myoffice section.  If you have an email advising to go to the upgrade centre, reset it there, if not, as Dave advised please contact the helpdesk on 0845 600 7020 and we can reset this for you.

If you are unsure how to reset the password in outlook express, the helpdesk can assist with this, there are also various help and support articles on this website and else where online, although all you really need to do is:

Open outlook express, click - tools, account settings, highlight the account, click properties, click servers, enter new password.

Thanks,

Steve