cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get FTP Access - I Must've Missed Something!

SimonRowberry

Hi All,

I've bought 2 BT business hosting packages and have activated them.

Both primary domain names are also registered with BT.

Both websites are currently accessible and have the "This name has been resgistered with BT" page on them.

My hardware is a MacPro and my primary browser is Safari, although I also have GoogleChrome, Firefox and Opera installed.

Pending a major Dreamweaver-designed site launch later this year, I want to put my own holding page on both sites. To do this simply, I am using iWeb for these holding pages.

I have designed both holding pages but now have a problem uploading them. I'll run you through what happens, and I'm using a fictitious domain name to illustrate the problem, aconsultant.com.

I go to publish the site in iWeb, and type in the following:

Server address: ftp.aconsultant.com

User name: aconsultant.com

Password: xxx

Directory/path: /public

When I test the connection, I get a message telling me that a connection could not be made to the server, aconsultant.com.

I then went into the BT Website Centre and logged into to manage my site. I was directed to the website management page. I then tried the "Access FTP" link at the top of the page, but no connection could be established.

Any advice on this issue would be extremely gratefully received.

I'm a real novice in this website building field so could really benefit from some expert guidance.

Many thanks,

Simon

2 REPLIES 2

dave
Guru

aconsultant.com is pointing to 216.240.187.151 which is not BT's server. It also doesn't seem to be registered with BT but rather with a company called Rebel.com

Are you sure this is your domain name?

BLWRAVE
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hello

This is the guide that I ues with iweb, http://www.ehow.com/how_4819834_publish-iweb-mobileme.html

and verify your pointing to BT as well