cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get infinity when rest of area can!

ryedale

Hi 

Hope this is best forum for this!

We've nearly completed buying a new property for our business.

It's an old Church that we are converting for office use.

Every house around it, to the left and right, front and behind can get infinity 78MB including the one next to it, less than 3metres away. The property itself is only 20 metres from the phone exchange (not connected directly)

Even all the surrounding streets are enabled for it for some distance in every direction (done a lot of checking tonight)

Yet no matter how much I argue with the BT sales team, they just say computer says no and will only offer standard broadband

There is a line into the property but it's not active at the moment (BT guy said that won't make any difference to his checker)

Is there any way of getting past them to speak to someone who might actually look at it in detail as the upload speed is really important to the business 

Thanks for any advice !

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi rydale,

what it could be is that the line has never had broadband on it before and the online checker doesn't know the routing to say that fibre is available.

Have you checked on this website to  see if fibre is available www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/ ?

If there has been no broadband going into the property from us before we would install normal broadband first then upgarde it to fibre broadband so that all the routing  can be done on the ADSL connection first before putting fibre in.

If you click on my username you will be able to send me a private message, if you can do this with the address,postcode and the phone number of the installed line that is there just now, I will do some digging around for you to see what can be done.

Markp